Launched in 2010, the Women’s Solidarity Society engages women both locally and nationally who are interested in contributing to programming and exhibitions that focus on women’s and girls’ issues. The Center is where women and girls will learn about the continuum of gender issues, ranging from women’s suffrage and the role of women in The American Civil Rights Movement to contemporary gender-based human rights issues.
In its first four years, the Women’s Solidarity Society founding members raised $1 million to support The National Center for Civil and Human Rights. Incoming Society members will have the opportunity to provide input on future women and girl’s programs and give feedback on women- and girls-focused content in our galleries.
THE WOMEN’S SOLIDARITY SOCIETY MEMBERS ENJOY:
- Invitation to Annual Women’s History Month Brunch in March [complimentary ticket(s) at Unity Level and above]
- Invitation to Annual Power to Inspire Tribute Gala [complimentary gala ticket(s) at Unity Level and above]
- FREE unlimited admission to our permanent and temporary exhibitions
- FREE entrance to public programming and events
- Priority access to women & girl events at The Center
- Recognition on The Center website as a member of the Women’s Solidarity Society
Women are invited to join as members to participate in the Society’s efforts:
- Pledge and Raise: An annual pledge of $500 to $5,000, in addition to recruiting women to join the Society
- Sponsor: Sponsor-membership for a Junior Women’s Solidarity Society member. To engage and inspire the next generation
of leaders, the Women’s Solidarity Society members will subsidize membership costs to women 16 to 24 years.
The Junior WSS program grants future change-makers and thinkers with access to The Center’s enriching programs
and the opportunity to build important relationships.
- Contribute: Complete biannual Women’s Solidarity Society Programming Assessment to evaluate the women and girls focused
programs and events at The Center. Your input is invaluable as we develop future programs, exhibits and advocacy
training related to issues that impact women and girls.
Women’s Solidarity Society Recognition:
The Founding Level of the Women’s Solidarity Solidarity is a special distinction for the founding members, who raised $1 million to support The National Center for Civil and Human Rights. Founding members satisfied pledges between 2010 and 2015 OR are active contributing WSS members as of June 1, 2019.
The mission of the Women’s Solidarity Society is to provide financial support to sustain The Center’s programs and exhibitions focused on women and girls.
Stay tuned for more events
More details to come. For questions, contact email@example.com