Part-Time Development Associate
The Center for Civil and Human Rights is a 42,000 square foot facility in the heart of downtown Atlanta located at Pemberton Place, adjacent to Centennial Olympic Park, The World of Coca-Cola and the Georgia Aquarium. The Center is an engaging cultural attraction that connects The American Civil Rights Movement to today’s Global Human Rights Movements. Please visit www.civilandhumanrights.org to learn more about The Center.
We are currently seeking experienced, Part-time, Grant Writer to develop foundation and corporate proposals and assist in the expansion of a successful grant portfolio program. This includes managing the submission process, researching and identifying additional funding opportunities, managing the submission calendar, filing grant reports on time, and meeting all deadlines as required
The Development Associate supports the administrative, database and stewardship functions of the development department. This part-time position requires an understanding of gift processing practices, customer service, discretion and organization. Reports to the Database Manager
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge data entry and functions including Mail, Batch and Query
- Responsible for the integrity of the database and completion of the database and completion of related tasks.
- Provide consistent, excellent customer service for donors, members and internal departments
- All requests are answered within 24 hours.
- Preparing mailings and proposals
- Weekly stewardship including weekly thank you letter completion
- Perform development department general administrative tasks as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have Raiser’s Edge experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in calendar management, travel planning and meeting coordination
- Attention to detail is a must. Accuracy is a requirement.
- Ability to perform basic research using internet and other tools
- Have a strong work ethic; be collaborative, conscientious and results-oriented
- Be honest, trustworthy, exhibit sound judgment, and abide by strict confidentiality guidelines
- Occasional event support may require the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds)
- Part-Time 20 to 25 hours each week between Monday and Friday between 9:00am until 5:00pm. Occasional weekends and evenings for events.
- Local candidates preferred
Include job title in the email subject field and last name (no phone calls please)
The following 3 documents must be attached to be considered for the role:
- Cover Letter
- 2 Relevant References