Visitors Services Intern
Center for Civil and Human Rights: Visitors Services Intern, 10-20hrs per week.
The National Center for Civil and Human Rights is a 43,000 square foot facility in the heart of downtown Atlanta located at Pemberton Place, adjacent to Centennial Olympic Park, The World of Coca-Cola, and the Georgia Aquarium. The Center is an engaging cultural attraction that connects the American Civil Rights Movement to today’s global human rights movements. Please visit www.civilandhumanrights.org to learn more about The Center.
Under the supervision and training of our Visitor Experience Manager, the Visitor Services intern will assist with operations and special projects at the Center for Civil and Human Rights. The dates of this internship are Sept/Oct 2015 – May/Jun 2016.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support VS Managers and Coordinators with various operations tasks
- Assist in the planning & execution of VS owned programs & events
- Assist in the development of new VS strategies & procedures
- On-Site program & event management
Skills and Experience Required:
- Innate Leadership qualities and a passion for teamwork
- Currently enrolled in a higher education program, preferably:
- Museum Studies, Business Management, Hotel/Restaurant, History
- Some background in event planning, stage management, or concert production
- Knowledge of MS Office, data entry, social media platforms
- Basic knowledge of civil rights history, human rights history, and geopolitics
Include job title in the email subject field and last name
The following document must be attached to be considered for the role: