Ticket Sales Assistant
The National Center for Civil and Human Rights is a 42,000 square foot facility in the heart of downtown Atlanta. It is a world class cultural institution dedicated to exploring stories of civil and human rights in dynamic indoor and outdoor space. The Center is located at Pemberton Place, adjacent to Centennial Olympic Park, The World of Coca-Cola and the Georgia Aquarium. Please visit www.civilandhumanrights.org to learn more about the Center.
We are currently seeking experienced and motivated staff with a belief in our vison: to empower people to take the protection of every human’s rights personally. The starting pay for this position is $11.00 per hour.
The Ticket Sales Assistant at the Center for Civil and Human Rights will be seasonal temporary part-time positions serving as the first point of contact for many visitors and will need to possess exemplary customer service skill, exceptional computer knowledge and extraordinary integrity. The Ticket Sales Assistants will report directly to the Manager of Visitor Services, under the direction of the Director of Visitor Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Selling event tickets and memberships through the Galaxy ticketing system
- Upselling visitors to becoming member, including using sales tactics and incentives
- Handling payments, including cash, credit and debits cards
- Opening and closing procedures for the Ticket Office, including cash balancing, running daily sales reports, and printing tickets.
- Filing Will Call tickets
- Effectively communicating with other personnel via walkie-talkie
- Recognizing, troubleshooting and handling customer service issues with politeness and decency
- Other reporting and duties as deemed necessary by management.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills
- Experience in cash handling, customer service and /or data entry
- Must be a high school graduate, or have a GED certificate
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Capable of managing multiple priorities
- Operate personal computer and use word processing and database software.
Include job title in the email subject field and last name
The following document must be attached to be considered for the role: