The Center for Civil and Human Rights is a 42,000 square foot facility in the heart of downtown Atlanta located at Pemberton Place, adjacent to Centennial Olympic Park, The World of Coca-Cola and the Georgia Aquarium. The Center is an engaging cultural attraction that connects The American Civil Rights Movement to today’s Global Human Rights Movements. Please visit www.civilandhumanrights.org to learn more about The Center.
The Programs Intern reports directly to the Programs Manger. As a result, the Programs Intern is responsible for supporting public programming needs for the National Center for Civil and Human Rights.
The role of the Programs Intern is to assist the Programs Manager with the implementation, facilitation and evaluation of public programs according to public programs calendar and budget. This includes the collaboration with internal team members and external program partners to deliver robust programming that aligns the mission and values of the Center for Civil and Human Rights. This internship will start in the month of May 2018 and will extend through July 2018. This is not a paid position.
- Assist the Programs Manager with the facilitation of public programs in accordance with the mission and values of the Center for Civil and Human Rights.
- Assist with the creation, development and implementation of public programs that informally educate the public on the rights movement while enriching the guest experience.
- Work with the Programs Manager to define measurable programming objectives that can be used to evaluate the success of each public program.
- Assist the Programs Manager with completion of administrative duties for public programming.
- Liaison with various departments, including but not limited to visitor services, events, technology and marketing, to satisfy logistical programming needs.
- Enrollment in a degree program in a relevant field including, but not limited to history, political science, hospitality management or events management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule that includes some evenings, weekends and travel.
- Excellent planning and project management skills.
Include job title in the email subject field and last name
The following two documents must be attached to be considered for the role:
- Cover Letter