The Center for Civil and Human Rights is a 42,000 square foot facility in the heart of downtown Atlanta located at Pemberton Place, adjacent to Centennial Olympic Park, The World of Coca-Cola and the Georgia Aquarium. The Center is an engaging cultural attraction that connects The American Civil Rights Movement to today’s Global Human Rights Movements. Please visit www.civilandhumanrights.org to learn more about The Center.
We are currently seeking experienced and motivated professionals with a belief in our mission: to empower people to take the protection of every human’s rights personally.
The Membership Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Development and provides support to the Development Team and the Executive Vice President. This position requires a comprehensive understanding of gift processing principles and development practices, a high level of professionalism and organization, self-motivation, and collegiality. The Membership Coordinator will be responsible for membership communication, on-site sales and training Center staff, event logistics and other tasks as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain membership programs which encourage people to purchase annual memberships.
- Continuously keep membership engaged in Center activities and advantage of membership.
- Cultivate new relationship through events, programs, and outreach.
- Manage and track constituent data, conduct prospects research, write and /or edit proposals, run and develop reports in Raiser’s Edge.
- Provide accurate membership tracking reports.
- Provide regular membership reports for executives and Development staff as needed.
- Service all data information queries in a timely fashion.
- Provide logistical support for mass mailing, email blasts, donor communications and any additional assistance, as needed.
- Identify and implement opportunities to increase membership.
- Perform research on membership policies and keep up with current trends and best practices
- Create mailing list of potential members.
- Assist in creating membership infrastructure.
- Ensure all guest/internal interactions are aligned with The Center’s mission
- Carry out other duties in a professional manner.
- Assist in gathering specific assigned information.
- Participate in outreach programs and events as appropriate.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Must have Strong Membership Sales experience
- Minimum knowledge in donor database management, Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of fundraising office needs and procedures (non-profit environment preferred)
- Strong attention to detail is a must
- Ability to perform basic research using internet and other tools
- Critical thinking and strategic planning ability
- Excellent written, interpersonal and oral communication
- Maintain and professional and considerate demeanor
- Have a strong work ethic, be collaborative, conscientious and results-oriented
- Be motivated to learn, and to display flexibility when required
- Be honest, trustworthy, exhibit sound judgment, and abide by strict confidentiality guidelines
- Local candidates preferred.
Include job title in the email subject field and last name
The following 3 documents must be attached to be considered for the role:
- Cover Letter
- Supplemental Questionnaire