Marketing and Communications Intern
The Center for Civil and Human Rights is a 42,000 square foot facility in the heart of downtown Atlanta located at Pemberton Place, adjacent to Centennial Olympic Park, The World of Coca-Cola and the Georgia Aquarium. The Center is an engaging cultural attraction that connects The American Civil Rights Movement to today’s Global Human Rights Movements. Please visit www.civilandhumanrights.org to learn more about The Center.
The Marketing and Communications Department is seeking an intern to assist in implementation of tasks which support The Center.
Under the supervision and training of the MarComm staff, the marketing & communications intern will assist the Marketing team of The National Center for Civil and Human Rights, Inc. in executing various communications and marketing related projects.
- Assist in the strategic development and maintenance of social media content.
- Support website maintenance using WordPress.
- Assist with developing and editing materials, including e-newsletters, flyers, social media and email
- Help prepare for meetings, briefings and tours as needed.
- Ensure press kits are updated and available.
- Update monthly tracking and evaluation reports.
- Follow up on calendar and email requests and support scheduling for MarComm Staff.
- Support photography (shooting and editing) needs and set up/clean up at events as needed.
- Video editing for YouTube
- Assist in membership communications
- Audio editing for podcast
- Support evening events as needed
- Recommended Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suites (illustrator, indesign, photoshop)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with web and social media platforms (WordPress, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Hootsuite, RSS)
- Strong Attention to detail
- Knowledge of civil rights history and contemporary human rights issues
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast paced, not for profit environment
- Developed time management skills and the ability to multi-task
Include job title in the email subject field and last name
The following document must be attached to be considered for the role:
- Cover letter