Manager of Membership
The National Center for Civil and Human Rights: Manager of Membership
The Center for Civil and Human Rights is a 42,000 square foot facility in the heart of downtown Atlanta located at Pemberton Place, adjacent to Centennial Olympic Park, The World of Coca-Cola and the Georgia Aquarium. The Center is an engaging cultural attraction that connects The American Civil Rights Movement to today’s Global Human Rights Movements. Please visit www.civilandhumanrights.org to learn more about The Center.
We are currently seeking experienced and motivated professionals with a belief in our mission: to empower people to take the protection of every human’s rights personally.
The Manager of Membership reports directly to the Director of Development and provides support to the Development Team and the Executive Vice President. This position requires a comprehensive understanding of gift processing principles and development practices, a high level of professionalism and organization, self-motivation, and collegiality. The Manager of Membership will be responsible for donation acknowledgement letter, grant reporting, event logistics and other tasks as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain membership programs which encourage people to purchase annual and other membership.
- Continuously keep membership engaged in Center activities and advantage of membership.
- Cultivate new relationship through events, programs, and outreach.
- Manage and track constituent data, conduct prospects research, write and /or edit proposals, run and develop reports in Raiser’s Edge.
- Generate donor acknowledgement letters for all gifts entered, with a goal of 48-hour turnaround time (at non-peak times).
- Provide accurate gift and donation tracking reports.
- Provide regular fundraising reports for executives and Development staff as needed.
- Service all data information queries in a timely fashion.
- Provide logistical support for mass mailing, email blasts, donor communications and any additional assistance, as needed.
- Identify, implement, and oversee database clean- up projects, as needed, in order to maintain the integrity of the database.
- Identify and discuss with the Development Director opportunities to increase efficiency.
- Perform research on membership policies.
- Create mailing list of potential members.
- Assist in creating membership infrastructure.
- Ensure all guest/internal interactions are aligned with The Center’s mission
- Carry out other duties in a professional manner.
- Assist in gathering specific assigned information.
- Be responsible for data entry, filing and general office duties as a part of assignment.
- Participate in outreach programs and events as appropriate.
A bachelor’s degree is preferred
Must have Strong Membership Sales experience
Minimum knowledge in donor database management, Raiser’s Edge preferred
Proficient in Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Knowledge of fundraising office needs and procedures (non-profit environment preferred)
Strong attention to detail is a must
Ability to perform basic research using internet and other tools
Critical thinking and strategic planning ability
Excellent written, interpersonal and oral communication
Maintain and professional and considerate demeanor
Have a strong work ethic, be collaborative, conscientious and results-oriented
Be motivated to learn, and to display flexibility when required
Be honest, trustworthy, exhibit sound judgment, and abide by strict confidentiality guidelines
Local candidates preferred.
Include job title in the email subject field and last name
The following 2 documents must be attached to be considered for the role: