Part-time Gallery Assistant
The Center for Civil and Human Rights is a 42,000 square foot facility in the heart of downtown Atlanta located at Pemberton Place, adjacent to Centennial Olympic Park, The World of Coca-Cola and the Georgia Aquarium. The Center is an engaging cultural attraction that connects The American Civil Rights Movement to today’s Global Human Rights Movements. Please visit www.civilandhumanrights.org to learn more about The Center.
We are currently seeking experienced and motivated professionals with a belief in our mission: to empower people to take the protection of every human’s rights personally.
The Gallery Assistant at the Center for Civil and Human Rights will be a seasonal temporary part-time position responsible for directing and facilitating the movement of visitors throughout the galleries, with an emphasis on informing visitors on the various aspects within their assigned gallery space. It will be their duty to assist visitors with the execution of the gallery’s hands-on features, while providing exemplary customer service. The Gallery Assistants will report directly to the Manager of Visitor Experience, under the direction of the Director of Visitor Services.
- Answering gallery-specific questions and providing general assistance to visitors.
- Assisting visitors with the hands-on features of the galleries(AV equipment, controls, etc)
- Directing visitors throughout the galleries, including directing special needs patrons to elevators, through doorways or other obstructions.
- Effectively communicating up-to-date gallery policies to visitors
- Effectively communicating with other personnel throughout the facility via walkie-talkie
- Resolving visitor service issues
- Maintaining a clean work area
- Assisting with ensuring the safety of all patrons
- Assisting in additional tasks as assigned by management
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills
- Must be a high school graduate, or have a GED certificate
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Capable of managing multiple priorities
- Public speaking ability is a plus
- Must be able to work weekdays, weekends and holidays between 10am to 6pm
Include job title in the email subject field and last name
The following documents must be attached to be considered for the role:
- Cover Letter