Part-time Gallery Assistant
The National Center for Civil and Human Rights is a 42,000 square foot facility in the heart of downtown Atlanta located at Pemberton Place, adjacent to Centennial Olympic Park, The World of Coca-Cola and the Georgia Aquarium. The Center is an engaging cultural attraction that connects The American Civil Rights Movement to today’s Global Human Rights Movements. Please visit www.civilandhumanrights.org to learn more about The Center.
Like many of us, you were probably drawn to The Center because you are looking for work opportunities that echo your personal commitment to Human Rights. In other words: you would like to “believe in what you do.” Our Gallery Assistant position is a unique opportunity to engage with the history and modernity of human rights movements, born in this country and around the world! You will meet and interact with visitors of all ages and share in their experience, looking into the eyes of a child as they discover the past or hear amazing stories from visitors with real world memories and stories to tell.
Gallery Assistants are responsible for facilitating the movement of visitors throughout the galleries, with an emphasis on informing them of the highlights and the significance of the content along the way. It is also their duty to assist visitors with the execution of the gallery’s hands-on features while making sure any other needs are met. And of course, all this is done with a laser-like focus on providing exemplary customer service.
- Answering gallery-specific questions and providing general assistance to visitors.
- Assisting visitors with the hands-on features of the galleries(AV equipment, controls, etc)
- Directing visitors throughout the galleries, including directing special needs patrons to elevators, through doorways, or other obstructions.
- Effectively communicating up-to-date gallery policies to visitors
- Effectively communicating with other personnel throughout the facility via walkie-talkie
- Resolving visitor service issues
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills
- Must be a high school graduate, or have a GED certificate
- (Experience or) An interest to work with children
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus
Include job title in the email subject field and last name
The following documents must be attached to be considered for the role:
- Cover Letter