The National Center for Civil and Human Rights Inc.: Event Lead, Part-time $12.00/hr
The National Center for Civil and Human Rights, Inc., is a 43,000 square foot facility in the heart of downtown Atlanta. It is a world class cultural institution dedicated to exploring stories of civil and human rights in dynamic indoor and outdoor spaces. It is located at Pemberton Place, adjacent to the World of Coca-Cola and the Georgia Aquarium. Please visit www.civilandhumanrights.org to learn more about The Center.
The Event Lead reports directly to the Events Manager. This position is responsible for coordination and supervision of External and Internal events as assigned. The primary focus of this position is to deliver exceptional presentation and customer service to the Client the Guests for Internal and External Events held at The Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee Event operations coordination with Center Staff, Contracted staff and Volunteers.
- Ensure Client requests are fulfilled as assigned by the Event Sales Manager.
- Assist with Setup and review instructions/diagrams with staff for each event
- Ensure that Event Execution checklist is completed.
- Ensure that all Guests have a good experience from arrival to departure (i.e. check-in, greet and direct guests).
- Acts as point of contact for the Center when assigned by the Event Sales Manager
- Ensure the museum is clean and operational for Events.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all museum volunteers and staff.
- Perform any other Duty as assigned.
- Must have event experience.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and evenings.
- 25 hours a week.
- High School Diploma
- Non-profit Management, work experience in a non-profit or customer service setting
- Ability to coordinate/fulfill and execute setup of Events
- Ability to handle stressful situations and deadlines
- Ability to effectively manage/Supervise staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and work with diverse groups of people
- Ability to take ownership of problematic situations using proper judgment to find possible solutions or alternatives
Include job title in the email subject field and last name
The following 2 documents must be attached to be considered for the role: