Digital Media & Communications Intern
Under the supervision and training of the MarComm staff, the communications & digital media intern will assist the Marketing and Communications team of The National Center for Civil and Human Rights, Inc. in executing various communications and marketing related projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the strategic development and maintenance of social media content.
- Support website maintenance using Express Engine.
- Assist with developing and editing materials, including e-newsletters, and flyers, social media and email communication.
- Help prepare for meetings, briefings and tours as needed.
- Ensure press kits are updated and available.
- Update monthly tracking and evaluation reports.
- Follow up on calendar and email requests and support scheduling for MarComm Staff.
- Support photography (shooting and editing) needs and set up/clean up at events as needed.
- Experience editing video for YouTube
- Support evening events as needed.
- Recommended Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suites (illustrator, indesign, photoshop)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with web and social media platforms (Express Engine, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Hootsuite, RSS)
- Strong Attention to detail
- Knowledge of civil rights history and contemporary human rights issues
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast paced not for profit environment
- Developed time management skills and the ability to multi-task
Include job title in the email subject field and last name
The following 2 documents must be attached to be considered for the role: