The National Center for Civil and Human Rights: Vice President, Development
The Center for Civil and Human Rights is a 42,000 square foot facility in the heart of downtown Atlanta located at Pemberton Place, adjacent to Centennial Olympic Park, The World of Coca-Cola and the Georgia Aquarium. The Center is an engaging cultural attraction that connects The American Civil Rights Movement to today’s Global Human Rights Movements. Please visit www.civilandhumanrights.org to learn more about The Center.
We are currently seeking experienced and motivated professionals with a belief in our mission: to empower people to take the protection of every human’s rights personally.
The Vice President of Development reports directly to the CEO. The Vice President of Development is responsible for all fundraising and development activities. The VP of Development will help maintain and build new relationships to grow NCCHR visibility and financial resources.
The Vice President of Development will have primary responsibility for establishing and implementing a fundraising plan to grow revenue through the solicitation of major gifts, foundation grants, special events, individual donors and corporate support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support and partner with CEO on all major fundraising initiatives
- Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan to include corporate, major gift donors and foundation grants
- Collaborate with CEO and VP of Finance to develop and implement budget for development department
- Monitor all donor information and present statistical analysis to board and senior leadership
- Identify, develop and mentor the development team
- Expand and diversify donor base/pipeline
- Identify and develop corporate, community and individual prospects for organizations fundraising priorities
- Assist with identifying new grant opportunities
- Oversee and/or develop and execute all proposals , write and archive all proposals with a long-term management approach
- Understand and respond to the need of donors to meet or exceed their expectations within NCCHR parameters
- Refine current programs and nurture relationships with current donors and organizations to produce increased levels of engagement and funding
- Oversee systems, policies and procedures for development efforts including, gifts, pledge processing, fund reporting, acknowledgments and tracking
- Handle execution and support other programs and projects as assigned
- 10-plus years of professional experience in a nonprofit organization; demonstrated success in a development function (managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources)
- Demonstrate success in a development function managing and building relationships with multiple donor sources
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; and the ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexible and adaptable style leadership who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives
- Ability to construct, articulate and implement annual strategic development plan
- Strong organizational and time management skill with exceptional attention to detail
- Knowledge of basic fundraising principles and ethics is required
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Raiser Edge data base experience is required
- High energy and passion for The Center for Civil and Human Rights’ mission
- Strong work ethic, collaborative style, and results-oriented
- Honest, trustworthy, exhibit sound judgment, and abide by strict confidentiality guidelines
- Ability to work a variable schedule based upon the needs of the organization-some evening/weekends will be required
- Strong knowledge of local and national funding community and grant processes
- Local candidates preferred.
- Email: email@example.com
- Include job title in the email subject field and last name
- The following 3 documents must be attached to be considered for the role:
- Cover Letter
- Supplemental Questionnaire - Click here for the questionnaire