Part Time Grant Writer
The Center for Civil and Human Rights is a 42,000 square foot facility in the heart of downtown Atlanta located at Pemberton Place, adjacent to Centennial Olympic Park, The World of Coca-Cola and the Georgia Aquarium. The Center is an engaging cultural attraction that connects The American Civil Rights Movement to today’s Global Human Rights Movements. Please visit www.civilandhumanrights.org to learn more about The Center.
We are currently seeking experienced, Part-time, Grant Writer to develop foundation and corporate proposals and assist in the expansion of a successful grant portfolio program. This includes managing the submission process, researching and identifying additional funding opportunities, managing the submission calendar, filing grant reports on time, and meeting all deadlines as required
The Grant Writer will work at the NCCHR Admin and reports to the VP of Development. No remote applications considered. This position reports 20 hours each week and compensation is $25 per hour. The schedule is flexible between 9am and 5pm Monday through Friday.
- Collaborate with the development team and agency departments to produce effective proposals.
- Must be able to write persuasively to inspire partnerships.
- Research grant opportunities to support programs and operations.
- Develop grant proposals to foundations, corporations and government funding sources.
- Submit polished grant proposals and develop appropriate / required documentation.
- Ensure on-time delivery of all grant and report submissions.
- Maintain grant files and grant calendar.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree desired.
- Minimum three years’ experience in research, grant writing and reporting for foundations, corporations and government agencies, preferably for programs in a related field.
- Excellent research and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge database a plus
- A genuine commitment to the mission, values and work of the National Center for Civil and Human Rights is required
- Local candidates preferred.
Include job title in the email subject field and last name (no phone calls please)
The following 4 documents must be attached to be considered for the role:
- Cover Letter
- 3 References from foundation or nonprofits
- A one page relevant writing sample