The National Center for Civil and Human Rights is a 42,000 square foot facility in the heart of downtown Atlanta. Opening in 2014, it is a world class cultural institution dedicated to exploring stories of civil and human rights in dynamic indoor and outdoor space. It is located at Pemberton Place, adjacent to Centennial Olympic Park, the World of Coca-Cola and the Georgia Aquarium. Please visit www.civilandhumanrights.org to learn more about The Center.
We are currently seeking experienced and motivated professionals with a belief in our vision: to present the evolving global human rights story and commemorate the historical struggle for African American equality – the lessons and strategies of which are embraced every day by groups striving for freedom.
Can you look at the ordinary and make it extraordinary? Are you kind? Empathetic? Are you tenacious about advocacy and taking the rights of others personally? Are you bold enough to push and question when needed?
If so, we are looking for a multi-talented design intern to join our close-knit marketing and public engagement team. Our team is driven to create engaging content to connect people to the mission of The Center: “To empower people to take the protection of every human’s rights personally. Utilizing Atlanta’s legacy and an audience of visitors ready to learn, The Center serves as the ideal place to reflect on the past, transform the present, and inspire the future.”
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and wants to make a big impact. We want someone with a can-do, get-it-done, problem-solving attitude. Someone who lives to come up with wild ideas and yet work within a framework.
- Collaborate with the Senior Designer and Digital Media Coordinator to manage, design, execute design and other creative projects
- Assist with the graphic design of print media and any other marketing collateral
- Creation of motion graphics is a plus
- Other various admin and center duties as assigned
- Assist with overseeing production and printing of projects
- Innovate on best building standards and assure brand consistency across multiple projects and brands
- Partner with cross-functional teams to assure amazing high-quality work is developed for our clients and the NCCHR brand
- Use your creative problem solving to develop detailed processes which assist the creation of comprehensive design solutions that engage, delight, and inspire
- Communicate effectively and consistently with stakeholders on project development
- Currently in your Sophomore, Junior or Senior year of a Bachelor’s Degree program with a focus in Graphic Design, Web Design, UI/UX, Motion Media, Advertising Design or related field.
- Strong eye and high taste level aesthetic
- Experience with Adobe Suite
- Experience designing for print and digital
- The following are not necessary but a plus
- After Effects / Motion Media Design
- Web Design Experience
- The ability to collaborate towards a common goal
- Being able to give and receive feedback
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Flexibility and ability to work at a fast pace and respond effectively to changing requests
- Positive, energetic attitude
- A proactive, self-motivated, excellent collaborator, team player with zero ego
- Innovative and creative
- Driven, passionate, versatile and open minded
- A passion for taking the rights of others personally, and encouraging those around you to do the same
Include job title in the email subject field and last name (no phone calls please)
The following document must be attached to be considered for the role: