Chief Operating Officer
The Center for Civil and Human Rights is a 42,000 square foot facility in the heart of downtown Atlanta located at Pemberton Place, adjacent to Centennial Olympic Park, The World of Coca-Cola and the Georgia Aquarium. The Center is an engaging cultural attraction that connects The American Civil Rights Movement to today’s Global Human Rights Movements. Please visit www.civilandhumanrights.org to learn more about The Center.
The Chief Operating Officer position provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that NCCHR has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The COO reports directly to the CEO, and will work closely with the CEO, VP of Finance, VP of Human Resources, VP of Marketing, VP of Development and Sr. Manager of Programs. The COO will develop operating plans, structures and systems to fulfill the vision and strategic plan of the Center. The COO will consistently ensure excellent service, a welcoming culture, responsible financial stewardship, company effectiveness and regulatory compliance.
- Support the CEO to ensure highly-productive day-to-day leadership and management that mirrors the adopted mission, strategic plan and core values of the organization.
- Responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and strategic goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the organization.
- Provide reports and interacts with the Board of Directors and CEO regarding operational performance and strategic plan benchmarks and goals.
- Collaborate with the executive team to develop and implement plans for the operational systems, processes and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
- Review and have final approval for department budgets with CEO. Review and provide assurance of accuracy of financial statements and reports prepared by VP of Finance. Review and approve invoices for payment where necessary.
- Provide leadership for Development including fundraising processes and assuring the development is on track for annual goals. Identify and nurture additional revenue streams.
- Provide leadership for Marketing and Communications to surpass sales in events, groups and membership. Help cultivate processes for PR and marketing driven activities.
- Provide leadership for Director of Facilities and trouble shoot and strategizes to address departmental challenges.
- Serves as an advisor to the CEO and as a role model/mentor to other staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum BS/BA degree with 10 years of experience and a track record in senior management.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach a senior-level staff to manage and develop high-performance teams and develop and implement program strategies.
- Deep experience in program budgeting and fiscal management.
- Track record of effectively leading a direct service organization with a complex array of programs with the ability to leverage strengths across program areas; excellent project management skills.
- Analytic and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible and innovative approach to operational management.
- Highly detail-oriented
- Ability to creatively problem solve, and make and implement decisions quickly and soundly exemplify leadership and composure under pressure while maintaining high morale.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people representing various backgrounds level of training and career stages.
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
Include job title in the email subject field and last name
The following document must be attached to be considered for the role: