Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required; CPA strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in progressively advanced accounting roles
- Prior nonprofit accounting experience required
- Prior experience working with CRM database; prior Altru experience a big plus
- Proven ability to lead and direct peers and direct reports in a collegial and productive manner
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to successfully manage deadlines and competing priorities
- Working expertise with accounting software; technical ability to determine solutions and best practices for solution integrations. Prior Sage Intacct and Prophix a plus
- Proven working experience and compliance with FASB, GAAP and other established accounting standards
Reasonable accommodations may be made as needed.
- Capable of working on a computer for extended periods of time
- Extended periods of sitting, standing and/or moving
- Cognitive ability to process information, analyze and make decisions
- Ability to lift, carry, and or move up to 25 pounds
- Bending, reaching, kneeling
NCCHR is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees based on age (40 and over), race, sex, color, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, and the statuses protected by Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
The National Center for Civil and Human Rights (The Center) is an engaging cultural center that connects the American Civil Rights Movement to today’s ongoing struggle for human rights, whether at a local, national or global level. Our purpose is to create a safe space for visitors and attendees to explore the fundamental rights of all human beings so that they come away inspired and empowered to join the ongoing dialogue about human rights in their communities, workplace, and lives. The Center has a local footprint in downtown Atlanta, Georgia with a national reach in the ongoing pursuit of civil and human rights for all. To learn more, visit our website civilandhumanrights.org.