Admissions Assistant-Part-Time, 10-20hrs per week.
Center for Civil and Human Rights: Admissions Assistant-Part-Time, 10-20hrs per week.
The Center for Civil and Human Rights is a 42,000 square foot facility in the heart of downtown Atlanta. It is a world-class cultural institution dedicated to exploring stories of civil and human rights in dynamic indoor and outdoor spaces. The Center is located at Pemberton Place, adjacent to Centennial Olympic Park, the World of Coca-Cola and the Georgia Aquarium. Please visit www.civilandhumanrights.org to learn more about the Center.
We are currently seeking experienced and motivated professionals with a belief in our mission: To empower people to take the protection of every human's rights personally.
ADMISSIONS ASSISTANT ROLE
The Admissions Assistant reports directly to the Manager of Admissions, under the direction of the Director of Visitor Services, and is responsible for providing general information and selling tickets in the Ticket Office, answering and routing incoming calls, booking groups, selling memberships and individual tickets via the phone, and providing exceptional customer service overall. This position is cross-trained to work in Group Sales and the Ticket Office, and requires a team member that is confident, outgoing, and self-motivated, with a strong work ethic. In addition, this role requires a person that is articulate - with excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills - and the ability to easily establish rapport with customers and visitors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive inbound phone calls
- Make outbound calls, as necessary
- Route calls to the appropriate department or employee
- Perform individual ticket sales and group bookings, using Galaxy ticketing database
- Build rapport with callers by greeting them in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner using procedures learned during new-hire training
- Provide professional customer interaction
- Ensure that customers understand information, and be able to provide additional information to customers as needed
- Communicate effectively with The Center staff to ensure high quality and timely expedition of customer requests
- Effectively transfer misdirected customer requests to an appropriate party
- Sell event tickets and memberships through the Galaxy ticketing system
- Upsell visitors to membership, including using sales tactics and incentives
- Process payments, including cash, credit and debit cards
- Perform opening and closing procedures for the Ticket Office, including cash balancing, running daily reports, and printing tickets
- Effectively communicating with other personnel via walkie-talkie
- Recognize, troubleshoot and handle customer service issues with politeness and decency
- Other reporting and duties as deemed necessary by management.
- High school diploma or GED
- Willingness to engage in sales and customer calling
- Basic computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft applications, as well as web-based applications
- Experience with databases, ticketing systems, and/or online sales applications preferred
- Punctuality and consistent work attendance
- Must be available to work weekends on a regular basis
- Customer Service experience required
- Sales experience a plus
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus
- Must be able to work weekdays and weekends 10am to 6pm
- Local candidates preferred
- No phone calls please
Include job title in the email subject field and last name
The following document must be attached to be considered for the role